Week beginning: 15.10.21
In Maths this week,
This week, the children will focus on:
|In English this week,|
We will be learning about features used in narratives where our emphasis this week has been on grammar. Children have engaged in role play and writing directed speak using inverted commas. They have created word banks for powerful verbs for travelling and reported clause which have enabled them to write a converation.
This week we will be reading a fantastice narrative called 'The Great Kapok Tree' which is full of rich vocabulary, figuative language, huge range of punctuation and the language features we have been focussing on recently.
|In IPC this week|
Next week we will be starting our most thrilling unit called 'Saving the World' where the Children will:
1. identify the position and significance of latitude, longitude, Equator, Northern Hemisphere, Southern Hemisphere, the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn, Arctic and Antarctic Circle
2.To use enquiry to find geographical locations
3. To express views on the features of an environment and the way it is being harmed or improved.
4. To know about ways in which animals and plants are suited to different environments.
5. To investigate how the rainforest sustains itself.
6. To know about processes and conditions that have an effect on living things.
7. To research and construct food chains found in the rainforest.
|You can help your child...|
You can help your child by:
Reading: 3 times a week for 10 minutes to an adult. Please write a short comment in the pupil planners. All pupil planners are collected on Friday to monitor reading and where we award housepoints. At the end of each term, we reward the child who has read the most with a Reading Book.
Spelling: Spelling is given to children weekly and these can be found stuck in the 'spelling' section of the pupil planners. Children are expected to learn the spellings, choose 3 words and write a sentence each containing the new word. To challenge your child further, please introduce them to a dictionary so that they learn how to use, locate and define each word. They could write the word and definition too. Children are tested the foloowing week.
Learning Logs: Each week on a Friday, children are given their learning logs where they focus on a letter of the alphabet each week. Please refer to the instructions stcuk inside the front cover of the book please. The learning logs are collected on a Thursday where they are marked with a: