Attendance & Illness
- When your child is away from school, for any reason, it is important that you inform the school by telephone on the first day of absence.
- We have twenty trained first aiders and can deal promptly with any illness or minor accidents. When a child is taken ill at school every effort is made to contact the parents.
- When a child is taken ill at school, every effort is made to contact the parents. It is the parent's responsibilty to collect their child and arrange for them to be taken home, to the doctor or to the hospital. It is vital that our list of pupils' telephone numbers, parent's work numbers and other emergency numbers is kept up to date.
- If your child is ill with German Measles, Meningitis or any other serious illness please report it to the Headteacher, in writing, as soon as possible.
- Please do not send your child to school if he/she has been sick or had diarrhoea. Your child should be kept at home for 48 hours before they return to school.
- We can only administer medicines that have been prescribed by a doctor for at least 4 times a day and where a parent has signed an indemnity form. These forms can be obtained from the school reception or you can download one using the button below.
- The law does not give any entitlement to parents or carers to take their child out of school on holiday during term time.
- Headteachers have the discretion to authorise Leave of Absence only in exceptional circumstances.
- Applications for Leave of Absence Requests must be made in advance or the absence cannot be legally authorised. Please use the button below to access more information and to download the form.
Attendance Leaflet 2022-2023
Leave of Absence Request Form