Wellbeing Award for Schools
Here at Ferrars, we value the mental health and well-being of all our pupils, staff, parents, carers and everyone in our school community. For the past year, Ferrars has been working towards achieving the Wellbeing award for Schools. We signed up to this award to further develop our work to promote positive wellbeing and mental health for the whole school community and gain accreditation for the work we have already done. It also ties in with our school values where we communicate well, show respect, are kind, caring and considerate and strive for excellence.
Achieving this award requires the involvement of all members of the school community: staff, parents, pupils, and partner organisations beyond the school gates. As we have gone through our journey, we have been listening to all parts of the school and beyond to understand the challenges they face and how we can best support them.
About the Wellbeing Award for Schools
The award focuses on ensuring effective practice and provision is in place that promotes the emotional wellbeing and mental health of for pupils, staff and parents. The award will enable us to develop these practices where necessary and help us to ensure that wellbeing is embedded in the long-term culture of our school. It will help us to create an environment where mental health is regarded as the responsibility of all.
When we have achieved the award, we will have demonstrated our commitment to:
– Promoting mental health as part of everyday school life
– Improving the emotional wellbeing of our staff, pupils, parents and carers
– Ensuring mental health problems are identified early and appropriate support provided
– Offering provision and interventions that matches the needs of our pupils and staff
– Promoting the importance of mental health awareness
– Capturing the views of parents, pupils and staff on mental health issues