After School Clubs Agreement
At Ferrars Junior School we provide a number of opportunities for the children to take part in after school clubs. These clubs allow the children to develop their social, emotional and educational skills whilst providing opportunities to have fun. A variety of clubs are on offer and they will change from term to term and year to year depending on the interests and expertise of the member of staff leading the club.
- All parents/carers need to complete and return the club request form to the school office
- The school office manages all administration and registers for school clubs
- In most cases clubs will be allocated on a first come first served basis. The exceptions to this are clubs that lead to teams being entered into inter school competitions such as gymnastics. When this is the case there will probably be trials to select the members of the club
- As the clubs are often oversubscribed it is important that children commit to attending every session. If there are extenuating circumstances and children cannot attend a session then parents/carers must inform the office in writing as soon as possible and at the latest on the morning of the club
- If a club has to be cancelled, we will advise the parents/carers of the child via Parentmail as soon as possible
- If a club is cancelled on the day, we will telephone or text the parents/carers as soon as possible
- Unless you are informed to the contrary all clubs will finish in time for your children to be collected/dismissed from the Hall at 4:15 p.m.
- Provided that we have written permission Year 5 and Year 6 children may walk home on their own. All children in Year 3 and Year 4 are not allowed to walk home on their own. Older siblings can accompany Year 3 and Year 4 children home but they must be in Year 7 or above.