In Maths this week,
We will be continuing with telling the time using five minute intervals and will also be finding the difference between two intervals of time. The children will be drawing the time accurately on an analogue clock, using their knowledge of fractions. They will be moving on to time problems and will be converting analogue time to digital.
|In English this week,
This week we will be starting to look at stories from different cultures. During this genre, we will be comparing traditional tales to traditional tales from around the world. This week we will be planning and writing our own story based on Snow White in New York, only we will be basing it in London.
|In IPC this week
This week, we will be starting a three week unit called Bright Sparks, which is all about electricity. This week the children will be linking their scientific knowledge and enquiry skills to make decisions. During the knowledge harvest they will be discussing statements about electricity and deciding whether they are true or false. They will then be writing their own facts and thinking about questions they would like an answer to during this unit.
|You can help your child...
Our year group targets.
- Read to an adult 3 times a week-Comments on how your child has read, should be written in their individual pupil planners. We will be inserting Reading Reminder stickers in Pupil Planners so please do check your child's planners.
- Learn the weekly spellings using a range of strategies. Aim to achieve above 50% . We will be inserting Spelling Reminders in Pupil Planners so please do check your child's pupil planners
- Complete learning logs and remembering to submit it on time (Thursdays).
- Come prepared for PE- please consult class timetables.
- Reading books to be returned once read. Many children are taking reading books from class but are not returning them. This impacts the number of books that they will be able to loan. All library books have a code inside the front cover.
A kind reminder:
- We would like to remind parents to clearly label all items (uniform, bottles and lunch bags) as it would be easier to locate and reunite any missing items.
- As the cold weather is fast approaching, please ensure that your child has a suitable coat to wear everyday for break times. For outdoor PE, we will encourage all children to wear jogging bottoms instead of shorts. We have had a huge volume of children forgetting their PE kits. Please refer to individual timetables.
- MyMaths: Children will have the chance to log on to MyMaths during their ICT lessons but please encourage them to complete some of the tasks at home.
- Learning logs: This is due to be handed in on Thursday. The children are to produce 1 page only.