Please see photographs below.
Present: Clay; Mrs Dorey
We started off by inspecting the wormery. We removed the black outer paper, and looked carefully for any activity in the container. Clay spotted lots of tunnels which we could see into and some of them had worms in.
We decided that there was not enough activity going on as the sand/soil layers had not been mixed up very much, so we agreed to keep the wormery indoors so that it was a little warmer.
Next we had a look at our plot. A great many tiny weeds had grown but also our salad crops had germinated. We weeded very carefully as we did not want to disturb the newly growing seedlings.
The onions had sprouted and the onions looked larger than when we had planted them.
Next we set to work digging over another plot by turning the weeds into the soil. Everything looked tidy when we had finished.